- 100 % GOTS certified Organic Cotton
- Dyed with Herbs & Plants
- Plants used to dye this rug: Manjistha- Pink, Neem - Beige, Indigo - Blue
Hand woven & Traditional
- Hand-loomed in India by local manufacturers. It takes around 5 hours to hand loom one rug.
- Using a rug will allow you experience traditional roots of yoga practice. Cotton rugs or cloths were one of the first surfaces for yoga practice.
High quality material & Durable
- One of the biggest advantages of 100 % cotton is that when it gets wet, the strength of loom increases by 20 %
- Rug is designed for intense practices & postures. Thanks to special knit style, the rug holds its form, its durable and doesn’t break even with a hours of daily practice.
- Primarily suitable for intense Ashtanga Mysore yoga classes but also perfect for all kinds of yoga – Power Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Pilates, HOT or Bikram yoga, including outdoor classes, and beach yoga.
Superior Grip when sweating: Non-slip mat
- The more you sweat the more you grip!
- If you are sliding on the rug, sprinkle/spray little bit of water over area where you place your hands and legs before practice!
- Please, use on top of your regular yoga mat or carpet you have at home to prevent slipping when using on surfaces such as hardwood, laminate and tile floors.
Hygienic – washable
- Easy to maintain. Hand bucket wash in cold water or washing machine on low temperature – we recommend 30°C
- Preferably use natural washing powder
- Do not use softener on bleach
- Hang out to dry to prevent shrinking
- Hang outside on the Sun or during the winter close to radiator or chimney
- Good and clean surface for sitting practices - meditation, jappa or chanting classes.
- Don’t put in dryer!
Easy and light transport
- Easy to carry! Only 1.3 KG compare to heavier regular yoga mats.
- You can fold it in A4 format or roll it and put it in your Leela Yoga bag or backpack.
- Perfect buddy to travel the World!
Colourful thanks to Herbal dyes
- Our 100 % GOTS organic cotton yoga mats are the best surface for your practice and gentle to your skin.
- Organic cotton is very friendly option towards the environment
- Doesn’t contain any microfibers which pollutes the Oceans
- 100 % Biodegradable
- We use dyes extracted from herbs which have also ayurvedic properties for your skin
- Not only yoga accessory, but also design piece to decorate your house or kids’ room. For kids it’s better to play on natural materials, which helps them to get know the real nature and create long term connection towards environment compare to artificial materials (PVC)
Large size mat
- We are making our rugs longer and wider to provide you with enough space for your practice!
- It’s a bit heavier than yoga towels, but that’s actually what we need! Thanks to the weight of the rug, you will be sure that the rug will not be moving around during your practice – where you place it in the beginning, on that spot it will stay until the end of the class.
- Dimensions: 195 x 75 cm
- Since it is done manually not by machines the length can vary by 2 - 4 centimetres.
Indoor & Outdoor
- Our yoga rugs can be used also for outdoors activities. Enjoy your pick-nick or time on the beach with Leela yoga rug!
Category Herbal yoga rugs